I hope you’re ready, because I”m about to blow your mind! I tweaked the classic BLT sandwich into a healthier, low-carb BST frittata. What in the world is a BST frittata you ask? Bacon, spinach, and tomato of course. And you know what? It’s just as good as the sandwich!! I’ll wait while you let that sink in…
It’s ok, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside just thinking about it too, Don’t be alarmed, that’s completely normal!! You can make this even healthier if you leave out the cheese, but it won’t be the same. Trust me here, I would never lead you astray! You’re already saving on carbs by dropping the bread so you’re allowed the cheese in my opinion! And it’s extra protein, so double plus in my book!
- 4 cups of fresh baby spinach
- 8 eggs
- ¼ c milk
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 strips of bacon, chopped
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 c grated cheese (cheese of your choice)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- fresh parsely for garnish
- On medium heat, saute bacon in a skillet until done. I prefer chewy bacon, but if you like it crispy go for it. While your bacon is cooking whisk together eggs, milk, and s&p, set aside.
- Once your bacon is done, set aside to drain on a paper towel. Get rid of all but about 1 tbsp of bacon grease and on medium heat, saute onions until translucent. Add cherry tomatoes and saute a few minutes more. Add spinach and toss with tomato and onions until slightly wilted.
- Add egg mixture into skillet. Allow eggs to start to firm up around the edges, then slowly pull the edges to the middle of the pan. Do this a couple times, then sprinkle over cheese and bacon. Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes. Serve immediately.
I love frittatas! They’re a great source of protein, low-carb, and a great way to stock up on veggies. I often do a clean out the fridge frittata where all remaining veggies get sauteed and go into it. I do all sorts of variations of frittatas…and I can’t wait to share them with you guys!
Thanks so much for stopping by The House on Spring Ridge today! If you like what you see, please share using any of the buttons below! Are you going to try this recipe? Or do you already have a favorite frittata recipe? Let me know in the comments below!! I love hearing from you guys!